Online Video Lessons
To start, fill out our short online interest form to get a free trial lesson.
Our program coordinators will be glad to work out a convenient schedule for you. You can also call 847.737.1850 and email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Joining a Virtual Classroom:
Once your lesson has been scheduled, simply click on your instructor's name below. The first time you do this, a download of the installer for Zoom will be triggered - please go ahead and install the app. After this, clicking on the instructor's name again will launch Zoom and take you straight to their virtual classroom!
Virtual E-Leaning Administrators
Tips for successful online music & art lessons:
- follow the technical requirements
- set up your computer and instrument in a quiet space
- have a notepad, staff paper and pencil ready for taking notes
- be sure your setup is ready at least 10 minutes prior to the lesson
- update your device beforehand so that you are not interrupted during the lesson
- use the best internet connection available
- be sure to close other apps/processes that might take up bandwidth (downloads, audio/video streaming, social media, etc)
- it’s a good idea to share your phone number at the beginning of the session, so that you could regroup in case you get disconnected
- the same button that allows screen sharing will give you the option for launching a shared whiteboard - very handy for drawing together on the screen!
- you can use the chat feature to share links
- you can use the file upload feature to share pre-recorded audio or video
- do NOT use the "Virtual Background" feature
- please share your feedback and let us know if you have any suggestions for ways we can improve the experience